Last updated: November 27 2018
This Website is available to users who are 13 years old or older. If you are under 13, you may not use this Website or any Services provided. If you are between the age of 13 and the age of majority in your country, you must review these Terms with your parent or guardian to confirm that you both understand and consent to them. By using this Website, you warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Website, Platform, or Services and/or the provision of any content, product, service or other feature to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and at our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such content, product, service, or other feature that we provide.
The materials contained in this website, including but not limited to the GewdGame name and logo, are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Some materials used on the Website are licensed by providers such as Adobe or used on a Creative Commons license basis. Any other marks, for example game titles or publisher brands like Counter-Strike or Valve Corporation, are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
GewdGame is not endorsed by or affiliated with Valve Corporation or Riot Games, and content published by us does not reflect the views or opinions of either aforementioned company or anyone officially involved in producing or managing Counter-Strike, Dota 2, or League of Legends.
1. Matching Service
The Matching Service enables users to connect through the Platform for casual or friendly practice matches (the "Matches") in any of the currently supported game titles.
Users may use the Platform to post Match Offers that include at least the following information: game title, spoken languages, and desired timeframe. Offers will also need to include various game-specific information, such as chosen server, map, player role, and others.
As the owner of the Platform, GewdGame facilitates connections, communications, transactions and other interactions among its users. GewdGame is NOT responsible for its users' actions, but it is committed to moderating the content posted by users through the Platform or connected third-party services according to the Rules of Conduct and Communication (see below).
To keep users' schedules as accurate as possible, users must refrain from posting identical offers on other matching websites. However, users are welcome and even encouraged to share the link to their Offer posted on GewdGame on other social media channels. All Matches must be based on a published Offer, even if you are practicing with a known user.
2. Priced Offers
As part of the Matching Service, GewdGame also supports Priced Offers. Priced Offers require payment from users making Offer Reservations. Users posting Priced Offers (the "Sellers") set the price of their offer, while users responding to the offer with a Reservation (the "Buyers") need to pay in order to secure the reservation.
Seller requirements. To post a Priced Offer, the Seller must successfully complete the Account Verification process. Account Verification is part of our AML/CTF measures and is required for all Sellers. The verification process requires the Seller to submit the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Full address (street address, postal code, city, country)
- ID document number, type, issue date, and expiration date
- Photo ID document, front and back (the same as above)
- Proof of residence (eg. a utility bill or similar)
We will review each submitted verification request and either confirm or deny the request in 48 hours after submission at the latest. For more details, please see our AML/CTF policy below.
Buyer requirements. To respond to a Priced Offer, Buyers must add a Country of Residence to their Profile. This data is required for taxation reasons and must be truthful.
Payment methods. Currently, we only accept payments through PayPal. We do not save users' credit card data.
Fees. We charge a transaction fee of 20% gross for each transaction. This fee includes VAT if the Buyer's Country of Residence is an EU member state and covers any payment processing fees incurred by the transaction.
Dispute resolution. In the event of a dispute between Buyer and Seller, the complaining party must contact GewdGame through appropriate dispute resolution channels. This includes, but is not limited to, contacting a GewdGame representative through our Discord server or sending an email to email@example.com.
Balance. For each successfully completed Match, we will credit the Seller's Balance with the net Offer Price (listed price less transaction fee). Sellers may check their Balance in the Profile sidebar.
Withdrawals. Sellers may request a Withdrawal of their earnings at any time by submitting a bank account number and confirming the request on the Withdrawal page found in the Profile sidebar. Withdrawals are processed manually once every business day. We do not charge a withdrawal fee, however additional bank transfer fees may be incurred.
3. Rules of Conduct and Communication
Users of GewdGame agree that they will act in good faith and in line with the purpose of the Platform: to facilitate genuine friendly matches with peers, genuine coaching services, and other legal purposes of hiring peers. In order to maintain a secure and legally compliant environment, users stipulate that they will respect the following Rules:
- Do your best.
- Do not post offers you do not intend to follow through on.
- Have only one account per person.
- Do not impersonate other people.
- Do not use fake identities.
- Do not use other people's accounts or share access to your own account with other people.
- Selling accounts is absolutely prohibited.
- No boosting, smurfing, or other illegal practices.
- No trading in-game items or currencies.
- Keep your account information truthful, accurate, and up to date.
- Protect your credentials diligently to keep your account secure.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Do not spam or harass other users.
- Do not misreport other users.
- All Offers are published on appropriate Discord channels automatically, so do not spam your own offer.
- Do not post or send false information.
- Do not promote websites selling boosting, smurfing, or other illegal services.
- Do not promote websites or groups for trading or selling in-game items or currencies.
- If you have a problem with another user, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can resolve the dispute.
GewdGame reserves the right to warn, sanction, or ban, temporarily or permanently, any users that break the foregoing Rules at its own discretion.
4. Use License
GewdGame grants users compliant with these Terms a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-commercial, revocable, and non-transferable license to access the Website and Platform and view the content available therein, to use the Services, and to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) available on the Website or Platform for personal, non-commercial use only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify, copy, republish, or otherwise redistribute the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained by or available on the Platform;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server, unless formally authorized;
- view, copy, or procure content or information published on the Website or Platform using automated means (scripts, bots, scrapers etc.) or any other data mining technology that extends beyond standard search engine or browser usage;
- allow or assist any third party to execute any of the above.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by GewdGame at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The Website, Platform, Services, and any content provided by GewdGame therein are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We make no warranties, express or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, neither GewdGame nor any person associated with GewdGame makes any warranty or representation concerning the completeness, security, accuracy, likely results, quality, availability, or reliability of the Website, Platform or Services. The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
6. Tax Liability Disclaimer
GewdGame d.o.o. is registered for EU VAT in Slovenia (VAT ID: SI86453823) and is also registered for the VAT MOSS Scheme. This means that for natural persons who are residents of EU member states, the currently valid local VAT rate is applied to purchases made through GewdGame.
Since we are a small, but globally-oriented company, charging and remitting local personal income taxes based on our users' residencies fall outside of our scope of business. Users are thus responsible for any tax liabilities that may occur due to earnings made through GewdGame. This includes, but is not limited to, income tax, withholding tax, and any other applicable taxes. If you need a custom report for your tax return, please write to email@example.com.
7. Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Policy
GewdGame's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policy is designed to prevent money laundering by meeting the European standards on combating money laundering and terrorism financing as defined by EU Directive 2015/849 and other regulations and industry guidance, including FATF guidelines. Although GewdGame does not currently fall into the scope of AML/CTF regulations under the Directive and Slovene AML/CTF law, we have implemented systems and procedures that meet the standards set forth by the aforementioned. These include the following:
- We have appointed a Money Laundering Reporting Officer, a person with a sufficient level of seniority, expertise and independence, who is responsible for the oversight of compliance with the relevant rules and legislation that regulate AML/CTF;
- We have performed a risk assessment compliant with Slovene AML/CTF legislation which we review and reassess if needed on a regular basis;
- We have implemented policies, processes and control mechanisms to decrease and manage the risk of money laundering and terrorism financing;
- We have implemented Customer Due Diligence (CDD) measures and procedures in accordance with Slovene AML/CTF law, including identification and verification procedures (Know Your Customer or KYC), enhanced due diligence for customers presenting a higher risk, and on-going customer activity monitoring;
- We take great care to educate and train our employees on AML/CTF rules, measures, and procedures, and undertake regular internal control to ensure compliance;
- We share data with AML/CTF authorities upon request and as required by law;
- We ensure data retention and security in accordance with the law.
We reserve the right to apply additional CDD measures or deny service to users residing in countries listed as carrying increased or high risk of money laundering and terrorism financing in accordance with the latest information published by Slovenian AML/CTF authorities.
8. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall GewdGame, its affiliates or their licensors (if any), service providers, employees, agents, officers, or directors be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use, or inability to use, the Website, Platform, or Services, even if we or a GewdGame authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
9. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Slovenia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.